Pursuing the Heart of Yahweh

Putting the Father's heart at the heart of my day

The Call to Pursue the Father's Heart

"Are you pursuing My presence, or are you pursuing My heart?"


Ouch.


At first glance, what's the difference? Aren't we supposed to pursue the wonderful, awesome, mighty presence of Yahweh? Could there be anything wrong with that? That just sounds silly, really.

Except...

Yahweh's heart is the central thing. While so much can be found in His presence...peace, healing, restoration, deliverance...those things begin in His heart. The powerful presence of Yahweh contains the goodness that overflows from His heart.

This question has been pursuing me since church this morning. My dear friend, who was leading worship today, paused to share what Yahweh had "arrested" her heart with this week. In turn, He is arresting my own heart and I am forced to examine it...

Ouch. Yeah, it's unpleasant in there sometimes.

I don't like to see that I'm pursuing His benefits more than Him. That in some ways, I am treating Yahweh, the Holy One, like a magical genie in a lamp there to answer my every whim. But honestly, that's kind of what I've been doing deep down in my heart.

So, I've started this blog to use during my quiet times before Yahweh...to journal what He reveals to me about what is on His heart. He has shown me so much in the last couple of years, things that have really blown my mind. And yet, here I sit...passive and disengaged most times. Time to stand up in the place in which I belong. Time to really and truly put Yahweh first and trust the outcome to Him. Time to listen and obey.

Time to pursue His heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for Something? Search here...

After His Heart

Putting the Father's heart at the heart of my day
Letting the pieces fall where they may
In tender mercy, my steps are arranged
In loving obedience, my heart is changed
~King's Daughter, 2013

About Me

My photo
Follower of Yeshua. Wife to my high school sweetheart. Mother to 2 surprise blessings. Stepmother to 3 amazing young men. Friend to the best besties ever. Coffee lover. Doing my best to live on purpose by the principles YHWH set forth in His word.
© 2013 until the end of time. I don't steal your stuff, keep your pointer off of mine. Powered by Blogger.